Search This Blog

Thursday 23 August 2012

First letter in the book AFRICA OUR FIRST LOVE


Dearest brother
Hoping the address is same,
Hasn’t changed since our childbirth.
Thoughts, painful thoughts,
In remembrance and wanting to be there,
Compels this little one of yours,
To write after all these 8years,
8 from time I waved the byes in good all.

Flying away to London,
Changed not an iota,
Remembrance of that face of yourn,
Echoes of your stern yet brotherly voice,
I remember well,
Wondering if you are still same.

Shamefully I inquire how mother is?
Last I heard her voice is whiles and forgotten time aback.
Does she ever talk about me? I wonder almost tearfully,
Does Grandpa still come to Jo`burg  end of each month?
Golden smiles shaping his face,
Dishing them to us,
Telling us to pull up our trousers.

Utmost shame I swim in now,
Compels me to request,
Tell not a soul yet that I have written,
I shame myself for the 8year silence,
Didn’t realise it was 8 already.

Volumic questions and inquiries I bear,
If you respond I shall ask more,
Promising not to silent for 8 again,
I miss home.

No comments:

Post a Comment